Tuesday 1 January 2013

Seeing The Big Picture With My Small Camera

AN INSTRUMENT to help us study the environment, highlight experiences and express our potential can be the human voice, a paintbrush, pen, piano or some form of technology. For years different cameras brought enjoyment to my life by allowing me to collect pieces of my surroundings and freeze them in time. There is a mighty creative force at work in our world and sometimes it is exposed more clearly through the eye of a camera.

That is a picture of me reflected in a car window along with the clouds and trees. The small camera in my hand served me well but briefly. Maybe it is BC moisture that caused its sensor to smudge up my pictures just when the warranty ran out? I will be starting off the year by getting used to the shiny new one at my desk. Although I miss the old one already, this is as exciting as a fresh box of crayons or a telescope ready to discover.

With camera tucked in pocket, I feel a grand sense of adventure when I grab my umbrella and set off to explore.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

See more BC scenes at Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see a picture of You (even if it is a reflection), and thrilled that you will go forth with a new camera to show us your world in the creative way that is uniquely Penelope :)

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.