Friday 20 July 2018

High Tea In White Rock

Who would then deny that when I am sipping tea in my tearoom I am swallowing the whole universe with it and that this very moment of my lifting the bowl to my lips is eternity itself transcending time and space? - Daisetsu Teitaro Suzuki

Clancy's Tea Cosy, White Rock, BC
A visit to Clancey’s Tea Cosy in White Rock, BC, made it clear to me that some beverages transcend boundaries. The British have a deep love of tea that seeped into North American culture. The Japanese ceremonial aspects took serving and drinking of tea to a level beyond relaxation as expressed in the quote above by scholar and professor of Buddhism, Daisetsu T. Suzuki (1870 - 1966).

See a previous visit to Clancey's at Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride and view more West Coast scenes at Under My Umbrella And Beyond.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms